Saturday, October 23, 2010

It's still very much October: Rites of Autumn, Moon-Lit Skies and soon All Hallow's Eve





H alloween is a week and a day from the date of this posting. I have honored it by placing orange candles and pumpkin decorations in various places in my garden as seen in the photographs above. My decorations are subtle, I find the orange colors to be a way of celebrating the hues offered by the Cheerful Cherry Farm's Clematis, discussed in previous posts. The orange also compliments the hues of my Strawberry Plants, Thom-Thumb Shrub, Contorted Hazel-Nut, and English Lavender. Fall is a lovely season for gathering in the garden with friends to enjoy rosemary-infused cocktails  and conversation. Or just to simply be alone and sip on a Hot Chocolate (made with Chauo's special blend swirled into Ronny Brook Farm milk -- a find at the Greenmarket in Union Square) while gazing at the stars.
If you are thinking of having any Autumn soirée, or inviting friends over to gaze at the moonlit sky, my line of Halloween cards will make fine invitations that will surely enhance your occasion. These are included in the card selections of the store-front pages of my web-site, patriciayoungquist.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...