Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sõbrapäev (Estonia's "Valentine's Day"): Celebrating Freindship




Being a  card, invitation, and event program cover designer, I am intrigued by how various cultures celebrate holidays. In a previous post, I mentioned that Finnish folks celebrate Valentine's Day on February 14th as Friendship Day, and call it Ystävänpäivä. Recently I've learned that folks in Estonia, also celebrate February 14th as a day to honor friendships, and it is known as SõbrapäevAs I said in my post on Ystävänpäivä,"celebrating friendship is a wonderful thing to do" at any time, and I suggest one good way to do this is by sending a card to special people in your life. Valentine's Day might be a good place to start. I have a lovely selection of cards that are perfect for this but they are not the "traditional" red and pink hearts. Many of my cards subjects are nature based which is a beautiful way to extend  your thoughts of appreciating others.





These cards are in the storefront pages of my web-site, where purchase information is also available. Additionally, I've just designed new cards that have not been posted either place, but you can view them in the video presentation on Vimeo by clicking here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...