Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tree Lined Streets





Orphaned Christmas trees fill the streets of New York City at this time, giving a new meaning to the phrase "tree-lined streets" and it is a sad sight. The photographs posted above are just a tiny fraction of this occurrence. I am including this fact in my blog because, as a gardener, I want to remind my green-thumb followers that one small consolation is that abandoned Christmas trees can easily be turned into mulch (for free) at various facilities, and you can go on-line to find the center nearest you. As for me, I only mulch once a year, every December before the onset of winter as described in a previous post, but if you mulch frequently or have a larger area in which you garden, you might find these centers meet your needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...