Monday, June 6, 2011

Flower and Plants and Their Meanings

Some people like to work to themes and they want to ensure that they do not send out the wrong message, however, if you like want to use a plant that has a negative association go right ahead. After all it's your special day.

Flower OR Plant

positive messages

Almond blossom

hope

Apple blossom

good fortune

Camellia

gratitude

Carnation

fascination

Chrysanthemum (red)

I love you

Chrysanthemum (white)

truth

Cyclamen

modesty

Daffodil

regard

Daisy

innocence

Fern

fascination

Gardenia

joy

Heather

good luck

Heliotrope

devotion

Honeysuckle

generosity

Hyacinth

loveliness

Ivy

fidelity

Iris

flame/burning love

Japonica

loveliness

Jasmine

amiability

Lemon blossom

fidelity in love

Lilac

youthful innocence

Lily

majesty

Lily-of-the-valley

return of happiness

Magnolia

perseverance

Mimosa

sensitivity

Myrtle

love

Narcissus

egotism

Orange blossom

purity

Orchid

beauty

Peach blossom

captive

Pink

boldness

Rose

love, happiness

Snowdrop

hope

Sweat pea

pleasure

Tulip (red)

I love you

Tulip (white)

I am worthy of you

Tulip

love

Veronica

fidelity

Violet

faithfulness

Flower OR Plant

sorrowful or negative meanings

Asphodel

my regrets follow you to the grave

Barberry

bad temper

Burdock

touch me not

Forget-me-not

remembrance

Hellebore

scandal

Hydrangea

boastfulness

King's Cup

I wish I were rich

Larkspur

fickleness

Maidenhair

discretion

Marigold

grief

Meadow Saffron

my best days are past

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...