Monday, June 6, 2011

Fruit Flowers


For literally decades I’ve sent and received flowers for any number of events and occasions. I think I even qualified for discounts from FTD based on the volume of orders I placed. With the economy changing the way everyone spends money, a fellow penny pinching friend of mine sent me a fruit basket on my birthday thinking it would help save on groceries. You could say I fell in love with fruit baskets from then on.

Selfishly, I want you to have the same love affair with fruit baskets as me and here’s why:

-Fruit is healthy. Ever received cookie baskets? I have a sweet tooth myself, but refined sugars and chocolate aren’t the way to create a balanced diet. Besides, fruit is a natural cure for your sweet tooth.

-Added Practicality. Flowers are beautiful, but only for the first few days. After that you’re sad to see them wilt and die away. My husband gets bothered that I no longer want the traditional flowers on Valentine’s Day (as if he’s less of a man for not sending them), but now he likes getting me fruit baskets because he gets to partake in them as well. I make a mean fruit salad!

-Creative designs with countless themes. Just like flowers, fruit baskets provide shoppers with a wide variety of options to fit the person you’re sending them to. Some include other gifts or fit into themes (tropical, rare, holiday, etc.) so your gift will impress even the pickiest individuals.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...