Saturday, June 12, 2010

Continus Coggygria









The above image is of a shrub that has been with me, in my urban terrace garden, since 2006. It is known as Continus Coggygria 'Royal Purple' and is also known as Smokey-Bush or Grace. If you like garden texture, you will love this shrub's branches. The leaves are oval and measure 1.5" by 3.5" long. The standard is waxy green, but the variety that I have has purple leaves. In the fall, leaves turn shades of red, purple, and orange. Stay tuned to this blog, and in the fall, I'll show you photographs of the changed leaf color. Meanwhile, for the deep purple leaf, I have created a beautiful, single-sided note-card posted at the end of this entry, which can also be seen in the store-front pages on my web-site where information is available about purchasing.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...