Saturday, August 7, 2010

".........and lifts her leafy arms to pray......." (A Reprise of Joyce Kilmer)















I think that I shall never see,




A poem lovely as a tree.




A tree whose hungry mouth is prest




Against the earth's sweet flowing breast;




A tree that looks at God all day,




And lifts her leafy arms to pray:




A tree that may in summer wear




A nest of robins in her hair:




Upon whose bosom snow has lain;


Who intimately lives with rain.




Poems are made by fools like me,




But only God can make a tree.






Yes, I have used this poem in a previous post , but that was a different season and a different tree.This tree, my Acer palmatum var. dissectum 'Tamukeyama' is a red-leaf cultivator. It features deeply cut red leaves, and the image is perfect for a single-sided note-card. Details about when these cards will be announced  via this blog and ultimately my web-site.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...