Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Australian flowers

I cheated a bit on this one as I saw it on the beach where we walk the dog. It is called Bain and has fleshy three-sided green leaves that start off red and change colour as they get older. They sometimes have pink flowers.

I don't know what this is either. It looks a it like a crocus, and grows wild all over the place.

There are half a dozen different azalias in the drive, and on the patio. This one is the best.

I'm not sure what these flowers are either. Heaps of them appeared on what I thought was a dead stick growing up against the shed.

These bottlebrush flowers are just coming out as spring arrives. They grow on fairly big trees which look great when they have lots of flowers on them.


I don't know what this is, but they grow beside Blue Gum Lake, just across the road.

The last owner of the house must have had a thing about roses. There are at least 30 bushes along the driveway, and around the front of the house.



Flame trees grow masses of these flowers before they get any leaves on them. When the flowers die off the leaves grow. Quite spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...